Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week 9 PLE

I completed both the midcourse evaluation and the informed consent pages.

I was surprised that there was not a whole lot of technology in the first grade classroom that I interviewed. I guess I have become so accustomed to the fact that if I need to access Google Earth or any other tool, I just need a laptop and will be able to do so. It is different when we are actually in the classroom. Many schools are using fewer and fewer computers, and when you have 20+ students, it gets harder to allow them all ample access to the computers. This interview made me realize how valuable computers really are. The more there are in the classroom, the better. Everything that we have been learning in this class, we have done on the computer. Without access to many computers, it will be hard to implement these skills we are learning into our own classrooms. That worries me, but I suppose there is always a way to make something work.

No comments:

Post a Comment