Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 10 PLE

I watched all three of the videos and I thought they were very helpful examples of how to teach with technology in the classroom. We have been learning all these things this whole semester, but it was particularly helpful to see real like examples of teachers using it in their classrooms. I think most profound for me from these videos was learning that young students, even in kindergarten, are not too young to learn how to use the computers, use technology, and even learn about copyright issues. This has always been a concern for me, because I ideally would like to teach kindergarten and I always wondered how many of the activities we do in class I could actually use in my classroom. The example of the students using cameras was a great example. Kindergarteners are totally able to use cameras, and many times they love doing so. This would be a great activity to get them excited about the lesson and and will enhance the activity through using technology. I also like that they taught the students about copyright issues. The generation of students we will be teaching will be using technology so much throughout their schooling that the sooner they start to learn about these issues, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment