Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Week 8 - Science Activity Analysis!

I commented on the actual voicethreads for Natalie, Whitney, and Ashley in my group.

I really enjoyed learning about the different science tools in technology that are available to teachers. I particularly thought that Kidsperation is a fantastic tool that I could use in my classroom to teach various subjects, notably science. I will be teaching the very young grades, and Kidsperation I think caters more to the younger grades than the upper. There are engaging activities on it that make the work seem like fun, or even like a video game, for the students, even though they are learning at the same time. This is why the science lesson activity I planned would be especially useful in my classroom; the students would look forward to this activity because it seems like fun to them. However, the only downside of this activity would be the fact that many computers would be needed in order for the whole classroom to complete the assignment at the same time, which is the most ideal situation. It could be hard to schedule computer lab time into the day in order for all the students to have a computer. Other than that one obstacle, I think this would be a valuable activity in the classroom and would be very enjoyable for both the teacher and the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment