Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Virtual Tour Final Response

I was able to comment on Ashley, Natalie, and Whitney's virtual tours.

I think that a virtual tour has some redeeming qualities in the classroom, as well as some challenges. First of all, it is a great tool to use in showing context of location. It is even better that it is possible to add pictures, text, and videos to a certain location that would help teach a topic further. This is important for young students because it helps them make connections to locations or people in relation to where they are on the map. I would have loved something like that in elementary school.

However, this would be a challenging project to do in my future classroom. This required a lot of technical skill and work to put the project together. Since I am going to be an early childhood teacher, the highest grade that I will teach will be 3rd, but mostly likely I will have a younger classroom. I don't believe most young students would be able to complete a project such as this. If I were to use this in the classroom, I would have to put it together and then show the class the finished project. I also think it would be too advanced for them to do activities at each pin, unless I made them much simpler. I would need to find some accommodations for this before I used it in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment